Call for Papers
The proceedings are available online! You can find information about LNCS 6638 at http://www.springeronline.com/978-3-642-21253-6 or access the online version at http://www.springerlink.com/content/978-3-642-21253-6/.
LATA is a yearly conference in theoretical computer science and its applications. Inheriting the tradition of the International PhD School in Formal Languages and Applications that was developed at Rovira i Virgili University in the period 2002-2006, LATA 2011 will reserve significant room for young scholars at the beginning of their career. It will aim at attracting contributions from both classical theory fields and application areas (bioinformatics, systems biology, language technology, artificial intelligence, etc.).
Topics of either theoretical or applied interest include, but are not limited to:
- algebraic language theory
- algorithms on automata and words
- automata and logic
- automata for system analysis and program verification
- automata, concurrency and Petri nets
- cellular automata
- combinatorics on words
- computational complexity
- computational linguistics
- data and image compression
- decidability questions on words and languages
- descriptional complexity
- DNA and other models of bio-inspired computing
- document engineering
- foundations of finite state technology
- fuzzy and rough languages
- grammars (Chomsky hierarchy, contextual, multidimensional, unification, categorial, etc.)
- grammars and automata architectures
- grammatical inference and algorithmic learning
- graphs and graph transformation
- language varieties and semigroups
- language-based cryptography
- language-theoretic foundations of artificial intelligence and artificial life
- neural networks
- parallel and regulated rewriting
- pattern recognition
- patterns and codes
- power series
- quantum, chemical and optical computing
- string and combinatorial issues in computational biology and bioinformatics
- string processing algorithms
- symbolic dynamics
- term rewriting
- trees, tree languages and tree machines
- weighted machines
- 3 invited talks,
- 2 invited tutorials,
- refereed contributions,
- open sessions for discussion in specific subfields, on open problems, or on professional issues (if requested by the participants).
Please visit the programme committee page.
- Adrian-Horia Dediu (Tarragona)
- Shunsuke Inenaga (Fukuoka, co-chair)
- Carlos Martín-Vide (Brussels, co-chair)
- Bianca Truthe (Magdeburg)
- Florentina-Lilica Voicu, (Tarragona)
Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original and unpublished research.
Papers should not exceed 12 single-spaced pages (including eventual appendices) and should be formatted according to the standard format for
Springer Verlag's LNCS series
Submissions have to be uploaded at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lata2011.
A volume of proceedings published by Springer in the LNCS series will be available by the time of the conference.
A special issue of the International Journal of Computer Mathematics (Taylor and Francis) will be later published containing peer-reviewed extended versions of some of the papers contributed to the conference. Submissions to it will be by invitation.
The period for registration will be open since October 13, 2010 until May 26, 2011. The registration form is here.
|Early registration fees||500 euros|
|Early registration fees (PhD students)||400 euros|
|Late registration fees||540 euros|
|Late registration fees (PhD students)||440 euros|
|On site registration fees||580 euros|
|On site registration fees (PhD students)||480 euros|
At least one author per paper should register. Papers that do not have a registered author who paid the fees by February 28, 2011 will be excluded from the proceedings.
Fees comprise access to all sessions, one copy of the proceedings volume, coffee breaks and lunches.
PhD students will need to prove their status on site.
Early (resp. late) registration fees must be paid by bank transfer before February 28, 2011 (resp. May 16, 2011) to the conference series account at Uno-e Bank (Julián Camarillo 4 C, 28037 Madrid, Spain)
IBAN: ES3902270001820201823142 - Swift code: UNOEESM1 (account holder: Carlos Martin-Vide - LATA 2011; the account holder address: Av. Catalunya, 35. 43002 Tarragona. Spain).
Please write the participant's name in the subject of the bank form. Transfers should not involve any expense for the conference. Please notice that the date that counts is the day when the transfer reached the conference's account.
On-site registration fees can be paid only in cash. A receipt for payments will be provided on site.
A receipt for the payment will be provided on site.
Besides paying the registration fees, it is required to fill in the registration form at the website of the conference.
January 3, 2011 January 9, 2011, 23:59h (Western Europe time)
Notification of paper acceptance or rejection: February 15, 2011
Final version of the paper for the LNCS proceedings: February 28, 2011
Early registration: February 28, 2011
Late registration: May 16, 2011
Starting of the conference: May 26, 2011
Submission to the post-conference special issue: August 30, 2011
Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics
Rovira i Virgili University
Av. Catalunya, 35
43002 Tarragona, Spain
e-Mail: florentinalilica.voicu (at) urv.cat